Hello, readers of my blog. In touch Fedor Lykov. In this article, we will deal with such a process as to configure the microphone on Windows 7.
After all, almost every one of us uses messenger or programs to make voice calls, communicating with friends, online interviews and others.
Therefore, for such cases, the microphone must work well.
And also, I recently wrote an interesting article on the topic: a quick way to adjust the microphone to the discord. Recommend to reading.
In many cases, when buying a laptop, the microphone is already built into the system and does not require any further settings. But if you have a personal computer or you have a built-in microphone stopped working - you will have to buy a new one and re-set it up. And you may not know how to do it. Let's look at it together.
Where is the microphone on the computer?
- On the taskbar in the lower right corner of the screen, right-click on the speaker icon. And in the window that appears, select "Records".
- You can also access the settings through the "Control Panel" .2.1. To do this, go to the "Start" menu and in the right column, select the "Control Panel" itself. 2.2. Next, select "Equipment and Sound". 2.3. Ultimately, click on the "Sound".
As a result, you will open a small window with all the necessary settings. In more detail here.
Main microphone adjustments on a computer
- To check whether your microphone works, it is enough to say something into it. In the window on the "Record" tab, there are gray stripes. And if your microphone is in working condition, then these strips will light up green, and if it does not work, then they will remain without color.
- "General Microphone Settings". Highlight the microphone by clicking on it, and click on the "Properties" button in the lower right corner. In the first tab, the "General" you can rename the microphone, change the icon, open the window with the sound card driver settings or turn off at all.
- "Redirect sound." To do this, go to the next tab "Listen". With it, we can redirect the sound from the microphone on the speakers. It is necessary to simply check the box opposite the "Listen to this device" item.
- "Levels". In the next tab, we will be able to adjust the volume and enhancement of the microphone. For volume, a value is usually suitable for the volume. To enhance - individually. Check your microphone, how loud it writes sounds. And then you can change this value depending on its volume.
- Next, you can also configure the microphone monopoly mode, the discharge and discredit frequency. To do this, go to the next tab "Advanced".
What if the microphone does not work on a computer, laptop?
- Perhaps your microphone is disabled in the settings of your system. To do this, look at the laptop keyboard. To enable, you may need to press the combination of certain keys. This is usually the Fn key and one of the keys F1, F2, F3. Check which key on your laptop has a microphone image.
- And click on it simultaneously with Fn.
- The microphone can also be disconnected in its settings. To do this, go to the sound settings (see Higher) and click on the "Microphone" with the right mouse button. If the microphone is disabled, then you will have the "Enable" function.
- Also check the volume of your microphone in the "Levels" adjustment. If it is 0, then you should increase, then everything will work again.
Friends, I hope this article was useful to you. And now you know how to configure the microphone on Windows 7 is not such a difficult thing.
I advise you to always buy good and high-quality devices so that they always please you with good and clean sound and excellent performance. All you are good!
Sincerely, author of Blog Fedor Lykov!
Now the voice communication over the Internet is becoming increasingly popular, ousting the usual analogue, as well as creating streams and video tutorials. But for all this you need to connect the microphone to the computer and activate it. Let's figure it out how it is done on a PC with Windows 7.
See also: turn on the microphone on the PC with Windows 8 Turn the microphone on a laptop with Windows 10 testing of the microphone in Skype
Turn on the microphone
After you connect the microphone plug to the corresponding connector of the system unit, you must connect it in the operating system. If you are using a regular laptop device, then in this case, it is natural, nothing to physically connect is required. Directly connected and in the case of a desktop PC, and in the case of a laptop is performed using a system tool "Sound" . But you can go to his interface in two ways: through "Location of notifications" and with help "Control Panels" . We will later consider the actions algorithm in detail when using these methods.
Method 1: "Notification Area"
First of all, we will study the microphone connection algorithm through "Location of notifications" Or, as it is differently called, systemic tray.
- Right-click ( PKM. ) On the speaker icon in the tray. In the list that opens, select "Recording devices" .
- The tool window opens "Sound" In the tab "Record" . If this tab is empty and you will see only the inscription saying that the devices are not installed, then in this case click PKM. on the empty space window, in the list that appears, select "Show disabled devices" . If, when you go to the window, the items are displayed, just skip this step and go to the next one.
- If you are all done correctly, the name of the microphones connected to the PC can appear in the window.
- Click PKM. By the name of that microphone, which must be activated. In the list that opens, choose "Enable" .
- After that, the microphone will be included, as evidenced by the appearance of a tick, inscribed in the green circle. Now you can use this audio device for its intended purpose.
- If these actions did not help you, then, most likely, you need to update the driver. It is best to use those drivers that are attached on the microphone installation disk. Simply insert the disk into the drive and follow all the recommendations that will be displayed on the screen. But if it does not help or install it, it should not be done, then some additional manipulations should be performed. First of all, type Win + R. . In the open window to work:
Press Ok .
- Run "Device Manager" . Click on his section "Sound devices" .
- In the list that opens, find the name of the microphone to be turned on, click on it PKM. and select "Update" .
- The window opens where you need to select the option "Automatic search ..." .
- After that, you will search for the required driver and install it if necessary. Now restart the PC, after which the microphone should start working.
In addition, you can use specialized software to search and update drivers on the machine. For example, you can apply Driverpack Solution.
Lesson: Updating Drivers on PC with Driverpack Solution
Method 2: "Control Panel"
The second way provides for the transition to the window "Sound" and activation of the microphone through "Control Panel" .
- Click "Start" and then click "Control Panel" .
- Go to section "Equipment and sound" .
- Now open the section "Sound" .
- Will be activated already familiar to the previous way "Sound" . It requires to go to the tab "Record" .
- Next, perform all the recommendations that were specified in Method 1. Starting from paragraph 2. The microphone will be included.
The inclusion of the microphone in Windows 7 is performed using the system tool "Sound" . But you can activate it in two ways: through "Control Panel" and by clicking on the tray icon. You can choose the most convenient way for yourself, given your own preferences. In addition, in some cases it is required to reinstall or update the driver.We are glad that you could help you solve the problem.
Describe what you did not work. Our specialists will try to answer as quickly as possible.
Will this article help you?WELL NO
Share Articles on Social Networks:
The question of setting up the microphone on a computer or laptop is always relevant, whether it is a built-in or external device. Many users have problems already at the stage of connecting and recognizing the operating system. Difficulties are also distributed when setting the sound quality and eliminate extraneous noise. In this article, we will deal with how to configure the microphone on Windows 7 by all possible methods. Let's start with the PC connection stage.
Proper connection to a computer
If we are talking about a fixed computer, then you must connect an external device to the corresponding connector. You can use headphones with a microphone, a webcone with a microphone or a separate device, for example, for karaoke or records of podcasts. Also, all microphones are divided into connection methods: after 3.5 mm connector or via USB port.
If a USB microphone can be included in any appropriate connector, then from 3.5 mm correctly not to confuse, otherwise the device will not be determined in Windows. To do this, find the connector with a microphone. Most often, port data is marked with pink color, as shown in the picture below. Stationary computers also have a similar connector not only on the motherboard, but also on the front panel.
Now you need to configure on a computer through standard Windows 7 operating systems.
First you need to make sure that the microphone works properly and is determined by the system. The first feature that the device is recognized by the computer is the corresponding sound when connected to the connector. However, this is not a guarantee that the system managed to correctly install the driver and configure it. To check this, do this:
- Click right-click on the "Computer" icon and select the "Properties" item.
- Now go to the Device Manager section.
- Reveal the subsection "Sound, Video and Gaming Devices". A list of audio devices are displayed here, which have been determined by the system. In most cases, this is High Definition Audio, Realtek and similar solutions. Near the icons there should be no yellow exclamation marks.
We also advise you to pay attention to whether the "Device Manager" is seen unidentified devices. It is possible that one of these is an external microphone with a built-in audio card, especially if we are talking about a USB connection.
If you have a "Computer" label from the desktop, you can open the Device Manager in a different way. To do this, go to the "Start" menu and write the name of the application in the search bar.
To check whether "firewood" is installed correctly on the sound device, you need to perform the following steps:
- In the same window, click the right mouse button on the device to open an additional window. The "General" tab displays the current state of Windows 7. If you see the inscription from the screenshot, then everything is fine with the driver.
- In the Driver tab, if you click on the Update button, the utility will start to search for new versions of the driver.
- You can trust a computer search or specify the path to the file manually if you downloaded it in advance.
- After the procedure is performed, close the button marked with the button.
After any action with drivers, you must constantly restart the computer - remember this rule!
If we are talking about the built-in microphone in a laptop with a licensed OS, the driver must be installed by default until the device is purchased. Otherwise, you will have to download branded programs from the site of the laptop manufacturer. The microphone is connected, the driver is set, the device is determined by the computer correctly - now go to the setting through the standard tools of Windows 7.
Setting through standard tools
To configure the microphone quality settings, you can use the basic options in the operating system. They allow you to increase / reduce the volume, adjust the amplification, turn on noise cancellation and so on. Open the window with parameters in the following ways.
The first option is through the icon on the taskbar. To do this, right-click on the loudspeaker icon and select "Recording Devices" in the menu:
The second option - open the "Start" menu and in the search bar, enter the name of the "Sound" application:
And the full way looks like this:
- Open the Start menu and select the "Control Panel" item.
- Go to the "Sound" subsection, after choosing the type of viewing "Minor Icons".
Now go to the settings. In the "Record" tab, you see a list of all connected devices for recording sound. To open the properties of any, you need to either double-click the right mouse button on it, or select the device and click on the "Properties" button:
Open the properties of the microphone and get acquainted with all the possibilities. In the General tab, you must check the connection. In the marked item, you must set the item "Use this device (incl.)". Because of this, this microphone will perform the role of the main one each time the computer is turned on.
Open the "Listen" tab. Here is a useful option, allowing you to test the sound yourself and without recording. Checking is carried out when the "Listen to this device" is turned on. After applying the possibility, you will hear your voice in the headphones. So you can determine whether to increase or remove the volume, which distortions and interference occurs when talking.
The "Levels" tab allows you to adjust the sensitivity and enhancement of the microphone. Using the top slider, the overall volume is changing. It is not recommended to set it to the maximum if a cheap or poor-quality microphone is used - strong distortion and noise are possible.
Since we already have audition, we can configure suitable sensitivity in real time. The lower slider allows you to enhance the incoming signal. We advise you to increase this parameter, even if 100% your microphone is very quiet.
It is not recommended to raise the microphone gain more than 20 dB - it can ruin the quality. The background is also captured - the sounds of the keyboard, foreign conversations and so on, which will greatly prevent the conversation during the game or ordinary communication.
In the "Improvements" section, all options are disabled by default. With a good microphone and a properly selected volume level, noise cancellation, echo suppression, the removal of extraneous sounds will not be required. But if when listening, you notice that the microphone is phonite and generally reacts incorrect to incoming sounds, then you can include several improvements.
If the microphone hits and gives constant background echoes, then try to include the "Noise reduction" and "echo suppression" parameters. However, you will have to make the microphone level louder, since these improvements muffled voice and slightly distort it. But extraneous noises will definitely disappear!
To reset the default settings, simply check the checkbox in the "Disable all sound effects" item and apply the changes.
The last tab "Advanced" allows you to add or reduce the sampling frequency. Basically, this parameter has more impact on voice record. The higher the bit and the frequency, the greater the size of the recorded file and the above sound quality. However, in conversations via the Internet, this parameter does not have any influence.
At the end of the setup, you need to open the "Listen" tab and turn off the audition from the device so as not to listen to your voice constantly.
If you want to know how your voice is to sound not in parallel with you, but on the record, you can check it with the standard application:
- In the search bar of the "Start" menu, write the name "sound recording".
- Click the record button.
- Say speech and stop recording from the microphone.
- Select the folder to save the sound file.
- After that, run the file by any player and listen to the result!
Setting through Driver
An external or built-in microphone in Windows 7 can also be configured using a sound card manufacturer utility. We'll figure it out how to do it and where to find this software.
We will focus on the Realtek HD utility, since now it is these built-in sound cards that are most common in all motherboards.
You can run it either through the "control panel", or with a double click on the corresponding icon. The interface and the location of the buttons may vary depending on the manufacturer of the motherboard:
- On the top panel, select the connected device.
- Below we see the volume slider. If you click on the microphone icon, the menu will open with the gain setting.
- Even below, the buttons are located to enable noise and echo suppression, as well as the conference mode. All this in the Microphone Effect tab.
- In the "Standard Format" tab, you can select the discretization frequency and bit.
Setup in programs for communication
In most applications for communicating via the Internet there is a separate section with settings that does not depend on system parameters. For example, we will consider the setup procedure in Skype and the "discord."
It will be about the most "fresh" version of Skype. If this update is not available to you, you can still use the instructions - the approximate location of the sections and the names remains the same:
- We go to the settings through the additional menu.
- Here you open the "sound and video", select the device for writing and adjust the volume level.
- To test the sound, you must click on the "make a free trial" at the bottom of the window.
During the call, you will be connected to the answering machine, which will write up to 10 seconds of your speech. After that, play the record so that you can listen to it. This will make it possible to understand how your voice will sound when conversation over the network.
This application is newer than Skype, but is already very popular among gamers because of its functional. So that the microphone worked normally with it, we will do the following:
- Open a section with a gear.
- Go to the "Voice and Video" tab. Here you can select I / O devices (1). Below the volume slide (2) is adjusted. To listen to your voice, you need to click on the button "Let's Check" (3). At the same time, you will hear a small delay - this is normal. After listening to the voice, make adjustments to the volume level.
- If the voice sounds too quiet, then try to disable the automatic detection of sensitivity and set the slider to the maximum.
Additionally, you can assign a "hot" key and turn off the microphone if necessary.
We reviewed only two topical programs. If you use another application, most likely its settings are very similar to these instructions.
Depending on what you use a microphone in Windows 7, you can choose a special program for setting. For example, for direct broadcasts or writing from the screen from the screen (desktop, games, and so on), you can use free OBS. In the program you can add filters similar to those that we have described for standard tools Windows 7:
- Near the microphone mixer, click on the menu button and select the "Filters" item.
- Here click on the right mouse button on the plus icon. In the menu, select the desired improvement.
- Write the name of the new filter.
- With the right side of the window, adjust the noise reduction level or adjust any other filter.
Such functionality is available in almost every advanced program to work with video or sound. But remember that the described option works only within the application and does not apply to other possibilities of Windows 7!
We will analyze the main difficulties and errors that may occur when connecting and configuring the microphone on Windows 7.
When any problems appear, try running a standard troubleshooting tool. Perhaps scanning will help determine the cause:
- First go to the "Control Panel".
- Here, select the view type "Large icons" and open the "Troubleshooting" section.
- We find "equipment and sound", where you need to click on the "Troubleshooting" to run the diagnostic tool. Please note that there is also a button for starting a sound playback diagnostics.
- Information about the procedure will appear on the initial screen. Click "Next".
- The application will start troubleshooting. Wait 1-2 minutes.
- Finally will appear or notification that everything is fine, as in the screenshot. Either window with a cause of malfunction. Depending on what "say" diagnostics, choose a further action plan.
The microphone stopped determined by the computer
If everything was fine with your recording device, but at some point it lost from the system and does not want to work, then you need to install the correct driver.
Before installing the new version of the driver, be sure to remove the old one so that there is no conflict conflict.
It is worth adding that such a problem may occur with the hardware. For example, if the microphone is constantly connected, turns off in the system, the fault may be in a cable or connector. We recommend checking the wire for damage, as well as try to switch the microphone to the front or rear panel (depending on where it was connected initially).
The front panel does not see the device
This problem may have two reasons: port malfunction on the housing or problems with the motherboard, as well as the driver settings.
To do this, select the device type connected to the front connector in the Realtek HD Manager. Click on the connector icon and select "Microphone Login".
External sound card does not work
If we are talking about connecting the microphone not directly to the motherboard or front panel of the PC housing, and with the help of additional equipment, then you will definitely need to install the software and driver for this card.
Install the necessary programs from the disk that comes with when buying a sound card. If there is no disc, then visit the manufacturer's official website and download the driver intended for Windows 7. Do not forget to see the discharge of the operating system.
The same Council concerns not only sound cards. Be sure to place a corporate driver on a webcam with a built-in microphone, on USB devices and so on.
No tabs "Improvements"
Many users do not have a special tab of "Improvements", which was mentioned a little higher. Do not despair - it only testifies that you have the wrong driver installed.
To solve the problem, you need to visit the official website of Realtek (or another software manufacturer) and download the appropriate version of the driver manually.
It is worth noting that this tab can simply be called differently - it all depends on the driver. In some it wears the English name, and in some in general it can be divided into two separate categories.
No Realtek HD utility
The same applies to the RealTek brand utility. For some users, this section is simply missing in the "Control Panel". To appear, reinstall the driver.
The sound from the microphone is in headphones
A similar problem most often occurs when using a plurality of improvement effects, especially if we are talking about third-party programs. We recommend disabled improvements in standard system settings, which are described above. If the situation does not change, then try reinstalling the driver.
Be sure to look at our video to learn more details on this topic.
Now you can connect the microphone, set it up or correct the problems with the sound. If the microphone and the connector does not have hardware problems, then in most cases, to configure the device, the standard Windows 7 functional is sufficient.
We read all comments under the instruction, so you can ask any questions on this topic: nuances of connection, driver installation, sound setting, and so on.
Microphone Setting on Windows 7
So, you have connected the microphone and want to configure it. To do this, right-click on the speaker icon on the taskbar (in the lower right corner of the screen) and in the menu that appears, select "Recording Devices".
Also, if you have Windows 7, you can access the microphone settings through the control panel. To do this, open the "Control Panel" and go to the "Equipment and Sound - Sound - Record" tab.
If you are all done exactly as described above, the "Sound" window should be opened on the Recording tab. This should display your microphone. If this is not the case, it means that it is not connected to the computer or you connected it to the dynamics jack. In addition, your microphone may not be displayed if you have not installed sound card drivers. If necessary, you can check whether the microphone works here. To do this, tell me anything into the microphone; If it works, green stripes will appear to the right of it. However, if the microphone does not work, the strips will remain gray.
In addition to controlling the microphone, you can turn off or enable it in this window if it was previously disabled. To do this, right-click and select Disconnect or Enable in the menu.
To go to the rest of the microphone settings in Windows 7, select the microphone with the mouse and click the "Properties" button.
Now you should see the Microphone Properties window. In this window, there are several tabs with microphone settings available in Windows 7. We will be brought to them all in order. The first tab called "General" does not have particularly important settings. Here you can change the name of the microphone, change its icon, go to the sound card settings, as well as enable or disable the microphone itself.
The second microphone settings tab on Windows 7 is called "Listen". The "Listen from this device" feature is available here. If you enable this feature, the microphone sound will be automatically transmitted on speakers. You can also configure how this feature works when the laptop works from the battery here.
The following microphone settings tab called "Levels". The two most important microphone settings available here are the volume and enhancement of the microphone. If you first set up a microphone, you can simply set the volume to 100 and gain at +10 or +20 dB. You can lower these settings in the future if your microphone becomes too loud.
The following tab is called "Improvements". Depending on the type of sound card, the number of settings available here may vary. For example, in some cases, all improvements can be disabled only here.
And in some cases, the "Improvements" tab provides microphone settings that are dealing with noise and echooda.
The last tab of the microphone settings in Windows 7 is called "Advanced". Here you can change the bitrate settings and sampling frequency, as well as change the settings of the microphone monopoly mode. If you do not know which bitrate settings and sampling frequency you want, simply click on the "Default" button.
After you have passed all tabs in the Microphone Properties window, you may assume that your microphone configuration in Windows 7 is completed. Close all open windows by pressing the "OK" button to save the changes.
Setting through standard tools
To configure the microphone quality settings, you can use the main options operating system options. They allow you to increase / decrease the volume level, adjust the gain, turn on noise cancellation and so on. The settings window can be opened in the following ways.
The first option is through the icon on the taskbar. To do this, right-click on the speaker icon and select from the Recording Devices menu:
The second possibility is to open the "Start" menu and enter the name of the "Sound" application in the search field:
And the complete method is as follows:
- Open the Start menu and select "Control Panel".
- Go to the "Sound" subsection by selecting the display type "Little Icons".
Now let's go to the settings. On the Record tab, you will see a list of all devices connected to sound recording. To open the properties of any device, double-click on it with the right mouse button or select the device and click the Properties button:
Open the properties of the microphone and read all the functions. On the General tab, you must check the connection. In the noted record, you must select "Use this device (enabled)". Due to this, it is this microphone that will act as the main one when the computer is turned on.
Open the "Listen" tab. There is a useful option that allows you to check the sound independently and without recording. Testing is performed by turning on the "Listen from this device" setting. After applying the option, you will hear your own voice in headphones. Thus, you can determine whether to increase or decrease the volume, which distortions and interference occurs during the conversation.
On the "Levels" tab, you can adjust the sensitivity and amplification of the microphone. Using the top slider, you can change the overall volume level. It is not recommended to install it for maximum if you use a cheap or low-quality microphone - strong distortion and noises are possible.
Since we are already listening, we can adjust the appropriate sensitivity in real time. The lower slider allows you to enhance the incoming signal. We recommend increasing this parameter, even if 100% your microphone is very quiet.
It is not recommended to increase the mining of the microphone by more than 20 dB - it can ruin the quality. In addition, the background will be captured - the sounds of the keyboard, foreign conversations, etc .. - will be captured, which will greatly prevent the conversation during the game or normal communication.
In the "Improvements" section, all options are disabled by default. With a good microphone and the correctly selected volume, noise reduction, echo formation and the removal of foreign sounds will not be needed. But if during listening you noticed that the microphone is turned on and usually incorrectly reacts to incoming sounds, you can include several improvements.
If the microphone hits and produces a constant background echo, try incorporating the "Noise reduction" and "echo" options. Nevertheless, you will have to increase the microphone level, since these improvements muffle your voice and slightly distort it. But extraneous noise will disappear forever!
To restore the default settings, simply check the "Disconnect all sound effects" checkbox and apply changes.
The last tab "Advanced" allows you to add or decrease the sampling frequency. Basically, this parameter has a greater impact on the voice record. The higher the frequency and frequency of sampling, the greater the size of the file being recorded and the higher the sound quality. However, this parameter does not affect the conversations on the Internet.
At the end of the setting, open the "Listen" tab and disconnect the audition from the device so that you do not have to constantly listen to the voice in the background.
If you want to know how your voice will sound on the record, and not in parallel you, you can manage it using a standard application:
- In the Start menu search row, enter the name "Sound recording".
- Press the record button.
- Give speech and stop recording from the microphone.
- Select the folder to which you want to save the audio file.
- After that, lick the file with any player and listen to the result!
First, let's see how to use a third-party microphone configuration program. We will do this on the example of the popular FREE Audio Recorder application.
Download free audio recorder
- After installing the application, start it and go to the Registration tab.
- This will open the tab on which you can directly configure the recording device, i.e. microphone.
- From the drop-down list, the "Recorder" can be selected by the desired microphone on which the configuration will be performed if more than one such device is connected to the computer.
- In the drop-down list "Resolution and Channel" you can select a bit resolution and channel.
- In the dropout drop-down list, you can select the discretization frequency specified in the Herz parameter.
- In the next drop-down list "Bitreit MP3", select the bitrate in Kbps.
- Finally, the Quality OGG field indicates the quality of OGG.
- This completes the microphone setting. The recording begins with pressing the "Start Record" button, which is presented in the form of a circle with a red point in the middle.
But note that the microphone settings in FREE Audio Recorder are local, not global, which means that they do not apply to the entire system, but only on the record received through the specified application.
READ ALSO: Microphone sound recording applications
First make sure the microphone is working correctly and detected by the system. The first feature that the device is recognized by the computer is the corresponding sound when it is connected. However, this is not a guarantee that the system correctly installed and configured the driver. To check it out, do the following.
- Right-click on the "Computer" icon and select from the "Properties" from the menu.
- Now go to the device dispatcher.
- Open the "Audio, Video and Gaming Devices" subsection. A list of audio devices detected by the system will appear. In most cases, this is a high-resolution audio, Realtek and similar solutions. Next to the icons should not be yellow exclamation marks.
We also recommend paying attention to the fact that the device dispatcher sees unidentified devices. It is possible that one of them is an external microphone with a built-in sound card, especially if it is a USB connection.
If you missed the "Computer" label from the desktop, you can open the device manager in another way. To do this, go to the Start menu and in the Search field enter the application name:
To check the correctness of the "Drivers" setting for your audio device, you must perform the following steps:
- In the same window, right-click on the device to open another window. On the General tab displays the current status of Windows 7. If you see the inscription in the screenshot, then the driver is in order.
- On the Drivers tab, when you press the Update button, the utility will be launched to search for new versions of drivers.
- You can leave a search on your computer or specify the path to the file manually if you downloaded it in advance.
- After completing the procedure, close the window by checking the checkbox.
After any action with drivers, you must constantly restart the computer - remember this rule!
If we are talking about a microphone embedded in a laptop with a licensed operating system, then the driver must be installed before purchasing the device by default. Otherwise, you will have to download the firmware from the site of the laptop manufacturer. The microphone is connected, the driver is set, the device is correctly recognized by the computer - now go to the standard Windows 7 setup tools.
Microphone built-in webcam and USB
When buying a webcam, choose a camera with a built-in microphone, it will kill two hares with one shot.
The most convenient thing is that the camera and the microphone in one device, i.e. You will not have extra wires and you do not have to carry a microphone with you, like a digital leader (the digital leader is like a leader of the Indians, only the Indians have bones and our wires).
Because the webcam microphone has a high level of sensitivity, which causes the microphone to work loud at a fairly long distance.
The webcam comes with two cables, 3.5 and USB. It is better to choose a web chamber with only one USB cable.USB is also such a microphone, only without a camera with the ability to record the best sound than the microphone with a 3.5 connector. It would be very difficult to buy such a microphone, because they are very rare on the market, if you try to search the Internet, maybe you will find.
In our case, we will try to configure the usual analog microphone with a 3.5 connector and get a normal result.
- https://comp-security.net/%D0%BA%D0%B0%D0%BA-%D0%BD%D0%B0%D1%81%D1%82%D1%80%D0%BE%D0% B8% D1% 82% D1% 8C-% D0% BC% D0% B8% D0% BA% D1% 80% D0% BE% D1% 84% D0% BE% D0% BD-% D0% BD% D0% B0-Windows-7 /
Microphone One of the most necessary devices for the computer. With it, you can write the sound and communicate on the Internet by voice, which significantly expands the capabilities of the system.
However, with a microphone setting, many users have problems. Sometimes the sound from the microphone is too quiet or contains a lot of interference. If you also encountered similar difficulties, then this material should help you. Here you will learn how to configure the microphone on Windows 7.
Microphone Setting on Windows 7
So, you have connected the microphone and want to configure it. To do this, you need to right-click the speaker icon on the taskbar (the right bottom corner of the screen) and select the "Record Devices" item in the menu that opens.
In addition, if you have Windows 7, then you can access the microphone settings through the control panel. To do this, you need to open the "Control Panel", and then go to the "Equipment and Sound - Sound" section - Record tab.
If you did everything exactly, as described above, you must receive the "Sound" window, open on the Record tab. Your microphone should be displayed here. If it is not, it means that it is not connected to the computer or you connected it into the speaker connector. Also, the microphone may not be displayed if you do not have drivers from a sound card. If necessary, here you can check the operation of the microphone. To do this, tell me something into the microphone if it works, the green stripes will appear to the right of it. If the microphone does not work, the strips will remain gray.
In addition to checking the microphone, in this window you can disable it or enable if it has been turned off earlier. To do this, click on it right with the mouse and select "Disable" or "Enable" in the menu.
To go to the rest of the microphone settings on Windows 7, select the microphone with the mouse and click on the "Properties" button.
After that, a window called the "Microphone Properties" should appear before you. A few tabs are available in this window with a microphone settings available in Windows 7. We will look at them all in order. On the first tab, which is called "General", there are no particularly important settings. Here you can change the name of the microphone, change its icon, go to the audio card settings, and also turned on or disable the microphone itself.
The second microphone settings tab on Windows 7 is called "Listen". Here the "Listen from this device" function is available here. If you enable this feature, the sound from the microphone will be automatically transmitted to your speakers. In addition, you can configure here how this feature will work when the laptop is running from the battery.
The following microphone settings tab called "Levels". Two most important microphone settings are available here, this is the microphone volume and the microphone enhancement. If you first set up your microphone, you can simply set the volume by 100, and the gain by +10 or +20 dB. In the future, these parameters can be reduced if the microphone will work too loud.
The following tab is called "Improvements". Depending on how you have a sound card, the number of settings available here can change. For example, in some cases here you can only disable all improvements.
And in some cases, on the "Improvement" tab, microphone settings are available that relate to the suppression of noise and echo.
The last tab of the microphone settings on Windows 7 is called "Optional". Here you can change the bit settings and sampling frequency, as well as here you can change the settings of the microphone monopoly mode. If you do not know which discretion settings and sampling frequency you need, then simply click on the default button.
After you have passed through all the tabs of the Microphone Properties window, we can assume that the microphone setting in Windows 7 is completed. Close all open windows by pressing the "OK" button to save the changes.
Microphone Setup Using Sound Card Driver
Among the above described, there is another way to set up a microphone on Windows 7. This is a setting through the sound card driver. Settings that are available through the driver fully duplicate Window 7 system settings.
To access the sound card driver settings, you need to open the control panel and go to the "Equipment and Sound" section. Here you can find the control panel of your sound card.
Also, the sound card control panel is usually available from the "taskbar" (the right bottom corner of the screen).
After opening the sound card control panel, you need to go to the Microphone section. The main microphone settings will be available here: microphone volume, microphone amplification, sampling frequency and discharge.
When you change the microphone settings through the sound card control panel, the microphone system settings in Windows 7 are automatically changing.